Outerknown, LLC’s Website Accessibility Policy
Our Commitment to Accessibility
As a manufacturer and supplier of sustainable products, Outerknown embraces the protection of natural resources and empowerment of the people crafting our clothing. We strive to make our products usable by all people, including those with disabilities. Outerknown views accessibility as an ongoing effort, and is committed to providing equal access to all who attempt to shop for our products through our online website.
Outerknown is dedicated to continually ensuring that its website is always accessible to individuals with visual impairments and other disabilities. We are regularly updating our site to improve accessibility for all users in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA Standards (“WCAG 2.0 AA”). We are working toward improving accessibility on outerknown.com via feasible and sustainable means, following the best practices and standards established by WCAG 2.0 AA. We are committed to continually improving our website accessibility, despite limited compliance guidance from the United States Department of Justice and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Steps Taken to Improve Accessibility
Wherever possible, we strive to:
- Provide structural content tags to indicate headings and lists to assist page comprehension.
- Ensure site header area includes “skip to main content” links to allow users to skip over repetitive navigation elements.
- Ensure form elements used to collect information from users have labels so all users can utilize these forms.
- Full Keyboard Access — Everything we build online can be accessed using a keyboard.
- Site Consistency — We strive to be consistent in the way we build our site so that once you understand how our menus and pages work, you can count on our site to be consistent and function the same way every time you interact with them.
- Additionally, we strongly encourage our vendors to provide third-party digital content that is accessible and user friendly.
- Continuously work to implement and improve WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines.
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we are continuously making changes to our site as well as devoting resources to promote compliance with applicable laws and guidelines. We have IT and marketing employees whose duties include promotion of accessibility, and we have engaged outside vendors and consultants to improve the quality and accessibility of our user experience for users of all abilities. We continue to look for ways to improve the customer experience.
Using a Screen Reader
We recommend using the most up-to-date version of any assistive screen reader technology as well as web browser. This will help to ensure the optimal experience free from compatibility or other issues of a technical nature. We use and recommend NVDA, an open source, free tool that leverages intuitive controls and fast, simple functionality.
Our team is ready and available to assist people with visual impairments with a variety of tasks. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on this website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please call our Customer Experience team. We are happy to read documents aloud, help with navigation of the website, assist in answering questions about Outerknown’s products, and assist customers in placing orders. If there is any way that we can better meet your needs, please give us a call at (877)378-4075. Our customer service team is generally available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (PST).
Please Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback about our accessibility efforts or resources, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call us at (877)378-4075 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.