There’s no trunk like the Apex, literally. Developed and tested by the 11x World Champion Kelly Slater and sustainably engineered for maximum performance. Did we also mention it’s made from plastic water bottles?
Color / Cobalt Surfature
Pitch Black Surfature
Maui Blue Block
Dark Denim Block
Blue Foam Block
Black Blurred Block
Plum Blurred Block
Sea Green Block
Blue Blurred Block
Heather Deep Turquoise
Apex Trunks By Kelly Slater
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
The First Brand Founded on a Total Commitment to Sustainability
We are driven by a passion for responsible action, and courageous change.
- Kelly's signature performance trunks just got upgraded.
- Developed and tested by 11x World Champion Kelly Slater on the best waves around the world. This is the most high-performance trunk out there.
- Artist collaboration: Darel Carey is an LA-based artist who transforms flat surfaces into multi-dimensional spaces by enveloping viewers in a labyrinth of lines. You'll see his fine lines on our Surfature print trunks.
- Now with seam tape and branding in color!
- Ultralight 4-way stretch recycled polyester for maximum mobility.
- Stitch-free welded seams and smooth inside fly to eliminate chafe.
- Double bonded butt seam for added strength.
- Quick Dry for minimal water absorption.
- Laser cut details at the side seam and back pocket offer weightless drainage and ventilation.
- Bonded back pocket features an Aquaguard™ zipper and internal bungee key loop.
- Packs easily into its back pocket.
86% recycled polyester, 8% recycled spandex, 6% spandex with Quick Dry.
Our recycled polyester is made from 100% post-consumer waste, like plastic water bottles, reducing CO2 emissions and keeping a valuable material in circulation.
This garment is sewn in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory, which means the makers have been paid a premium for their work; they collectively decide how to use this extra funding to better their lives.
- 19" outseam
- 22" leg opening on size 32
- Kelly is 5'9" and wearing a size 32
- Machine wash cold. Do not bleach. Lay flat to dry. Cool iron if necessary. Do not dry clean.
Find Your Outerknown
As designers, it challenges us to build better, more sustainable products. As producers, it asks us to lift the lid on our supply chain bringing the consumer along on our journey.
Next level design, build, and materials
Fit is perfect for me, but I'm a slender dude. Like others said, these probably won't fit husky types very well. I am a 36 in all pants and the waist fits just as I hoped. Length is somewhere in between modern short boardshorts and early 2000's baggy, top-of-the-knee fit. Apex shorts are like 3/4 of the way down my thigh, but I'm tall. What stands out about these shorts is primarily the material and welded seams. As you look closer, it is the lack of extra material that makes these stand out. No stitches anywhere, minimal material overlap makes for a featherweight feel. The waistband is the only part that has a double layer of fabric, but that extra stiffness makes it work just right. The tags are sewn in a spot where it is very easy to remove them with a seam ripper (just be careful and do no use scissors or razor, get a seam ripper if you don't have one).
Best ever surf shorts
My boys love them and think they are the best. Material is high quality. Quick dry. Comfortable. 5 stars ⭐️
Love these Trunks!!!
I now have at least 6 different Apex trunks in different colors and wear them everyday they are my shorts and my trunks for surfing!! What more can I say about the product they are holding up under the about of Daily use they dry fast and the fit is true and consistent and hold their shape wet or dry!!! I have nothing but rave’s about how happy with Kelly’s attention to quality. Hewn
Favorite trunks !! Mahalos