Kelly's signature performance trunks just got upgraded.
Color / Aqua Surfature
Pitch Black Surfature
Maui Blue Block
Dark Denim Block
Blue Foam Block
Black Blurred Block
Plum Blurred Block
Heather Deep Turquoise
Blue Blurred Block
Sea Green Block
Apex Trunks by Kelly Slater
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
The First Brand Founded on a Total Commitment to Sustainability
We are driven by a passion for responsible action, and courageous change.
- Kelly's signature performance trunks just got upgraded.
- Developed and tested by 11x World Champion Kelly Slater on the best waves around the world. This is the most high-performance trunk out there.
- Now with seam tape and branding in color!
- Ultralight 4-way stretch recycled polyester for maximum mobility.
- Stitch-free welded seams and smooth inside fly to eliminate chafe.
- Double bonded butt seam for added strength.
- Quick Dry for minimal water absorption.
- Laser cut details at the side seam and back pocket offer weightless drainage and ventilation.
- Bonded back pocket features an Aquaguard™ zipper and internal bungee key loop.
- Packs easily into its back pocket.
86% recycled polyester, 8% recycled spandex, 6% spandex with Quick Dry.
- 19" outseam
- 22" leg opening on size 32
- Kelly is 5'9" and wearing a size 32
- Machine wash cold. Do not bleach. Lay flat to dry. Cool iron if necessary. Do not dry clean.
Find Your Outerknown
As designers, it challenges us to build better, more sustainable products. As producers, it asks us to lift the lid on our supply chain bringing the consumer along on our journey.
- Return process
Amazing but one major flaw
These are by far the best performance surf trunks I have ever owned BUT they do have one major flaw that I wish they would fix. The drawstring fly holes are not substantially reinforced and are only sewed and taped. Overtime these wore out and started to tear. Everything else about these trunks could not be better but for the price I would expect something better regarding sustainability of product. I am only writing this review in hopes that they would change the design to use something more substantial than just sewing at such a highly used and strained area of the trunks
Hi There, Our design team did reinforce the eyelets on this season's version! We truly appreciate your feedback!
Best board shorts that I've ever worn!
I live in NC so I surf in board shorts close to six months out of the year. I have pals in the surf industry, so I've always managed to score the high end trunks from other brands. I have been wanting to try the Apex trunks for a while, just to see if there was a big difference, and I was immediately impressed. The Apex trunks are super light, incredibly comfortable, and they're absolutely worth the $145 price tag if you want to wear the best trunks. I did have a few issues with the back pocket billowing with water (zipper closed, of course) but it doesn't happen frequently. I just flatten the pocket with my hand when I'm paddling so it's a quick fix. The trunks definitely fit true to size. I couldn't be more stoked.
Spent a 12 days in Tahiti and pretty much wore these every day. Did 15 dives and no wear or tear visible. Super light as if they are not even on (luckily they were though)
I bought this item as a gift for my son and he loves them. Thank you.
Best board shorts yet.
I was a little hesitant to pay so much for a pair of surf trunks but after using them understood that they were worth ever penny. They are comfortable, light, don’t bunch up and you kinda just forget they are even on. Highly recommend the Apex trunks.